This project was to create two areas within the main corridor where medical and general waste from the Langtree ward and Intensive Care Unit could be stored securely. Working in the close vicinity of ICU brought its own challenges in:
- Maintaining vital mechanical services when making alteration and working with the trusts permit to work policy.
- Alterations to and maintaining the fire smoke extraction system.
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene within the corridor and works area, this was achieved with our bespoke hygienic hoarding, dust extraction, tack mats at entrances to site, we also transported waste from site in bags stored in a trolley with fixed lid.
- Controlling noise, programming and working closely with the Langtree and ICU staff to carry out noisy work at agreed key times.
- Maintaining a required corridor width to allow beds and personnel to pass freely.